An Experienced Business Litigation Attorney Can Provide Insightful Guidance
At Hoge Law Firm, we help professionals and businesses with a variety of legal matters, primarily focusing on litigation surrounding business, real estate, and employment disputes. Charlie Hoge has been practicing for over 30 years and is well versed in these complex areas of the law. Prior to opening his own practice, he was a managing partner with a prominent litigation firm for 14 years. Charlie has developed broad knowledge about many businesses, industries, and practices over the years and in each case strives to develop a deep understanding of his clients’ specific businesses and problems. He uses his experience and proven track record to provide knowledgeable, dedicated representation for his clients. U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers has recognized Hoge Law Firm on the 2017 “Best Law Firms” Tier 1 list for commercial litigation. If you are in need of an experienced business litigation attorney in San Diego, CA, Charlie Hoge and our team are here for you.
- Business disputes: Problems often arise within companies regarding the specific duties and responsibilities of the owners and managers.
- Partnership litigation: Partners can become unhappy with current business arrangements and seek to leave their business.
- Fraud: Loss of assets due to theft, deception, misrepresentation, false or misleading advertising, embezzlement, fraudulent business practices, and more.
- Internet fraud: Businesses, especially smaller ones, may be victimized by cyber criminals who steal digital data or engage in fraudulent transactions.
- Covenant of good faith in contracts: Good faith may require that both parties fulfill all aspects of their contract, even if not specifically stated.
- Intellectual property: Designs, processes, ideas, and many other details of specific industries are protected with intellectual property rights.
- Unfair competition: A company that misrepresents itself or its product, or attacks another company unfairly may be engaging in unfair competition.
- Trade secrets: Industry knowledge and know-how are legally protected to prevent theft of intellectual property and unfair competition.
Real Estate Litigation
Our firm is experienced in real estate litigation, helping clients navigate disputes that may arise in real estate transactions. We have handled a variety of commercial and residential real estate cases, including:
- Title disputes: Boundaries and easements, liens, and adverse possession.
- Ownership disputes: Joint ownership involving maintenance responsibility, tenant occupancy, and more.
- Sale disputes: Breach of a sale agreement during or shortly after the purchase process, problems with property not disclosed, and similar disputes.
- Disputes with homeowners associations (HOA) or among members
- Disputes between commercial landlords and tenants
- Boundary disputes: Location of structures, maintenance responsibility, legal liability, and more.
- Partition actions
- Professional liability of real estate brokers
- Real estate broker commission disputes
We have successfully represented professionals and businesses in a wide range of employment litigation cases, including:
- Breach of contract: Employment agreements, term or other payment contracts, non-compete agreements, and more.
- Wrongful termination: Claims of wrongful termination in violation of public policy, wrongful constructive discharge, and retaliation.
- Whistleblower litigation: Employees and former employees may claim retaliation for opposing the employer’s practices reasonably believed to be illegal or for refusing to engage in those activities.
- Discrimination and harassment: Discrimination based on gender, race, age, and more. Verbal, physical, and sexual harassment.
By sending the form, you agree that your e-mail will not create an attorney-client relationship and will not necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. You should not send sensitive or confidential information via this e-mail service. The firm may choose not to accept you as a client. Please fill out this form completely to contact us.